Why join a forum instead of a Facebook group?
Let’s “face” it, Facebook seems to be a love/hate relationship for many of us. You go there to find out information, ask a quesiton, or just share something. But instead you end up lost, angry, or distracted for hours. This is especially true if you want to be a part of a community around a certain subject or learn something specific. Facebook can be best described as a massive room with everyone yelling.
If you agree with what’s below, please join us in building an amazing Ambo RV community:
10 REASONS FACEBOOK STINKS
- Big Distractions. It is so difficult to focus with the barrage of useless and constant distractions meant to keep you addicted.
- Bad Search. Finding answers to specific questions is very, very difficult. Same questions asked over and over again.
- No Organization. Facebook groups have no organization or structure what so ever. Impossible to find good information.
- Force feeding. You don’t decide what you see. Facebook decides who, when, how much, and what!
- Constant Ads. For stuff that creeps you out (how did they know?) or for frap you don’t want.
- Lack of control. Facebook groups are controlled 100% by Facebook and can be shut down for unknown reasons.
- You don’t matter. When you post to a Facebook group, your content quickly disspears into a bottomless hole.
- No sharing of info. You can not link to your content, or easily share it with others
- Poor SPAM control. Spammers can (and do) get into the groups. Facebook reacts too slowly, if ever.
- No Privacy. facebook already knows too much about you, your likes and dislikes. Stop feeding it!
10 REASONS WHY A FORUM IS BETTER
- No distractions. You can focus on sharing and learning from like-minded community members.
- Powerful search. Searching is easy and results are relevant to OUR community.
- Organized. Forums are devided into specific categories for easy browsing.
- Just AmboRVs. Only info on boxy DIY RV building and the AmboRV Life. No talk of sex, appearance, religion, politics, or sports.
- Relevant Ads. If/when ads are shown, they are for products and services that are relevant to our community.
- You control. You can post what you like, edit it and delete it if you wish. We will only intervene when it breaks our guidelines.
- You DO matter. This is our community. Your questions, suggestions, tips, and stories matter to the rest of us. Please share them.
- Your information. We will not sell your info to anyone and you can delete your content if you’re not happy here.
- SPAM control. We will do our best to kill off SPAMMERs as soon as possible and keep our forum software up to date.
- Data privacy. We’re here to discuss Ambo RVs and Ambo RV life. What you share here is up to you and Facebook will never know!